Sunday, February 7, 2010

Blogging & Twittering

This blog should have been my first, I was behind but no matter what the outcome, I still wanted to complete all of the things that I needed to. This has become so easy that now I can blog easily, at first, it was new and I felt so lost but so enlightened. I now know how to work my way around blogging, i have commented on some of my classmates' bloggs. Dr. Lambert mntioned that she didn't see the comments. Also, I have tried to comment on the web 2.o blogg and was unsuccessful; therefore I am assuming that maybe I have not reached my full potential around blogging. I will continue to work around it.
I believe he that the value of blogging and twittering must be used correctly for the educational purposes. Teacher and Administrators and Parents must always accompany each blogg and tweet lesson or link with the "Do Not" words, so that students and people don't run with some of the bad that could accompany those Apps.

Now, I was happy to learn about Twittering because it is a term that I hear alot around my children and on TV, so when they said: "Follow me on Twitter", I would be able to actually know what they mean and maybe decide to follow them. I have chosen to follow Sade as my first twitter because she is one of my favorite Artists. I would like my students to follow people that could change their life or be better influence on them, unfortunely, I have found that tweeting is not being used to its full potential. Wow, know what and where people around the world are doing and going to do!! I can follow great scientists, writers, etc...

This has also opened my eyes to the term blogging and twittering; I see that many of my kids' teachers use blogging in their classroom and amongs other teachers. I don't believe that their students make too much use of it because when I asked my daughter and her other classmates; they were unsure of what it was or how it has benefit them. They did however recognize the term as something they continuily use around their teachers. Therefore, I believe that when it is time for me to teach next year God Willing, I will have looked at every potential that blogging can benefit students and other staff members and make total use out of it. As of right now, I would like to introduce a new software that I have been working with that can change communication throughout the whole school and possibly the district. Read about it on my next Blogg :)

1 comment:

  1. I feel that there is no time limit to what you can learn in technology. I have revisited blogging and I wanted to share with you a couple of the Creative Commons-licensed pictures that I have found interesting.

    ReplyDelete